Wednesday, March 7, 2007

May 29th



(continued from previous page)
I took back to the hotel and gave one to Mrs. Boit and one to Miss Horstman. Kobe also took me to the ivory store, where I purchased many little things. The day following, I went to get my photo taken in Japanese costume, a sweet little maiden dressing me, and sticking a rose in my hair there I was ready for the Camera, the Japanese around me being amused to see me dressed in their costume.
May 29th Brought great victory the Japanese over the Russians. The news boys were busy all the afternoon, racing around with the news, (it is amusing to hear the bells ring as they run along). After dinner Mr. and Mrs. *** and myself took a rickshaw ride to the main street or(Ginza as the Japanese call it), to see the illuminations. The electric cars

No comments: