Thursday, February 22, 2007

April 22nd


(continued from last page)
April 22nd Feeling still very lonely, over the loss of our passengers, in the morning watched the moon rise at half past eight, which is a most beautiful sight at sea, everything seems more impressive on the shiny ocean. The next day was Sunday, I attended divine service in the first class saloon. Hodgkiss gave an address.
April 24th I was sea sick, the boat was rolling a little though the sea was not rough now, however my spirits were good, and I soon recovered.
April 26th We arrived at Hongkong, our first Chinese port, being night when the “Steamers Moon” came into the harbour, it was a most glorious night, it struck me as being in “fairy land” the lights from the different vessels lying in the harbour. Once more we were able to take a night’s rest on land

No comments: